Videx, side effects on eyes

Dear Dr Brian, Several months ago I wrote to you from RSA asking question about low CD4 and undetectable VL. Then I wrote that squamous cell carcinoma was discovered in my left neck side glands. It was only secondary and the primary site was not discovered at all. Anyhow, I passed through chemotherapy (5-fluorocil) and radiotherapy, all finished mid-May. It was very tough but I passed through. Last month my VL was undetectable again (during therapies it was below 100), but my CD4 are only 226. And now (few weeks) another problem arrived: deteriorating sight on my right eye (I have floaters and some kind of fog covering an eye in big part). Furthermore an eye- doctor said that he sees a number of additional, unnecessary cells and suggested me to go for a special examinations, something like scanning and biopsy if necessary. This doctor does'nt know that I'm positive. Is it possible that this situation can be caused by VIDEX 150, which I was taking for 6 years (+Hydrea 500), and recently I take VidexEC 400. Should I proceed first with these eye examinations or before should I consult my hiv doctor. Pls answer since I am very worried for my eye. Best regards,Doctor I/from RSA

Response from Dr. Conway

I am glad to hear you have gotten through the squamous cell carcinoma. As for your eyes, I am not aware of either Videx or Hydrea causing side effects of the type you describe. If I were you, I would go ahead with the planned investigations.

thanks a lot doc....
Kidney stones