informing family your positive

I've been positive for over 10 years. Why is it so damn difficult to just come out?

Response from Dr. Conway

The simple answer is...it's just hard and there is no single recipe or approach that will suit everybody. Many people are afraid of the reaction they'll get, afraid of change, or afraid of hurting people they love. It would be quite important for you to figure out what is the one issue that is preventing you from coming out and talking to someone you trust (a healthcare provider or counsellor) about how you would address it. It would also be important for you to think through how things will be after you come out. What will be different? What will be better? With this information, you can then set up a plan to move forward and come out, planning it carefully. In the final analysis, though, the actual "coming out" will be a leap of faith, but consider this: you may end up having personal and emotional support in a way that will help you live with HIV in a more fulfilling. life-affirming way, so the leap may be more than worth it.

I hope you find something in my remarks to help you, my friend.

Fungal Dermatitis
lipidystrophy + topomax