|oral & skin
Sep 9, 2005
I was recently diagnosed with oral thrush, but it appeared like a black creeping crustation on my lips (embarassing to say the least) and today I noticed similar dark spots on my ears. My viral load most recently was 23,000 and my cd4 was 36...I'm currently taking Kolettra, Truvada and Bacterim and an oral antifungal medication...what can help this?
| Response from Dr. Henry
You may need to see a dermatologist for additional diagnostic evaluation and treatment given the medications you are already taking. Sometimes topical (local) therapies can be helpful but knowing exactly is being treated is crucial to better management. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sore On Mouth After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- White Spots After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can Smx/tmp Cure Trichomoniasis?
- Acute Retroviral Syndrome Rash Pictures
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.