|oral & skin
Sep 9, 2005
I was recently diagnosed with oral thrush, but it appeared like a black creeping crustation on my lips (embarassing to say the least) and today I noticed similar dark spots on my ears. My viral load most recently was 23,000 and my cd4 was 36...I'm currently taking Kolettra, Truvada and Bacterim and an oral antifungal medication...what can help this?
Response from Dr. Henry
You may need to see a dermatologist for additional diagnostic evaluation and treatment given the medications you are already taking. Sometimes topical (local) therapies can be helpful but knowing exactly is being treated is crucial to better management. KH
thanks doc..nevirapine 2doses
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Dried Semen?
- Can Someone Catch HIV From Licking Anus?
- Can You Get AIDS From Open Wound?
- Risks Of Contracting HIV From Sex Toys
- Are Chills A Symptom Of HIV?
- Is Burning Penis A Sign Of AIDS? .com/h/can-rash-appear-after-3-months-exposure.html" onclick="if(!this.href.match(/\?/))this.href+='?ic=1105'">Can Rash Appear After 3 Months Exposure?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.