Vertigo,Headache,Fatigue

Help! I am spinning again! What is going on? I have been HIV+ for 18 years now on and off anti-retrovirals. This past year I have experienced severe dizzy spells, spinning and fatigue after doing a lot of bending over and picking up things. I thought it was not eating correctly but I eat small amounts 6 times a day, drink plenty of water. Perhaps the Zyrtec D (5 years) is catching up with me. My labs all look good. Now I have vertigo most always unless I stay at home and sit quietly for about two days. Then everything is fine, but as soon as I get going again the spins return. Perhaps the Norvir? I am on Truvada, Norvir, Reyataz. Thanks for all your help.

Response from Dr. Conway

I do not think your symptoms have anything to do with your antivirals, nor are they related to the Zyrtec. They are quite non-specific and could be due to a number of things...I might start by doing some blood work to make sure you are not anemic, or have an imbalance of your electrolytes, kidney function, thyroid function or cortisol levels. I would also want ot make sure this isn't a neurologic or ENT problem. The first step is for you to discuss this with your doctor and start doing some of these evaluations to move towards a specific diagnosis. In the meantime, I would stay on your HAART.

Needs Encouragement
ARE MY DRUGS WORKING WELL