HGH & HIV/HBV

Hi, I have HIV and also HBV. I am taking combivir, sustiva and viread. I was thinking about taking HGH. Is HGH rough on the liver. Does the benefits outwigh any risks associated with it. Thanks

I assume by HGH you mean human growth hormone. It has been shown to be of some possible benefit in selective cases of increases visceral abdominal fat or buffalo hump. It has to be injected, is very expensive, and often can trigger insuling resistance (pre-diabetes) and bone pain. There are trials soon to start with human growth hormone releasing factor which may offer some advantages (? fewer side effects) but data is limited. Growth hormone is usually OK on the liver even with hepatitis B to my knowledge. KH

Anti-oxidants!!
Side effects and nutrition