Am I at the end?

I became infected 24 years ago in Europe. As always, I am in compliance with my meds and I have a damn good MD. Unfortunately, my viral load is escalating and my t cells are dropping. I am taking Sustiva, Truvada, Norvir, and Reyataz. In addition to feeling tired, there is the neuropathy and muscle aches and the swelling in my parotid salivary glands is bordering on unbearable. I am 48 years old. If I am experiencing this my discomfort now, what hope, if any, does the future hold for relief from this physical pain?

Fatigue and pain can make life very tough. Trying to focus on those symptoms (? hormone levels, referral to pain clinic) for relief can make a big difference so I would discuss what is available for more aggressive evaluation and treatment of those important issues. There are a number of new drugs with new targets of action or activity against resistant virus that are in the pipeline so there may be more to offer to better control your HIV soon. Sometimes radiation therapy can help parotid gland swelling if due to polycystic disease or other amendable conditions. KH

Saliva like a barrier?
Anti-oxidants!!