hiv+ w/ carpel tunnel

Hi I am hiv+ and have been on meds since 1999. I am currently taking kaletra, viread and ziagen. I am battling a work comp case where they are denying me as not work related injury. The injury is carpel tunnel. Two nerve conductions studies point to this. They are saying my being hiv+ and taking hiv meds is causing this and that it is neuropothy and are trying to make me settle for a lump sum of money to get out of their hair. I am confused as to what and who to believe. Does this sound like it could be related to hiv? I have pain and numbness in left hand primarily at night. Sometimes extremely unbarable. Please let me know.

HIV-related or HIV-drug related neuropathy would rarely manifest itself in the wrist(s) as you describe in the absense of problems in the toes/feet (where those conditions almost always first develop). KH

temporarily stopping meds
Pain in the fingure joints