HIGH AMYLASE LIPASE LEVEL

I HAVE BEEN HIV + FOR OVER 7 YRS AND HAVE BEEN ON MEDS FOR THEW LAST 2 YRS. MY VIRAL LOAD IS UNDECTABLE AND T-CELLS ARE 450. MY DOC WAS VERY HAPPY WITH ALL THE LABS BUT DID NOTICE A HIGH AMYLASE LIPASE . I BELIEVE THE VALUE TO BE AROUND 348. I HAVE NO ABDOMINAL SYMPTOMS NOR DO I HAVE ANY NAUSEA, VOMITING OR LOSS OF APPETITE. HE SAID NOT TO WORRY AND WELL CHECK LABS IN 3 MONTHS. I EXERCISE DAILY. CAN THIS CAUSE THE HIGH RESULT AND DO I NEED TO BE WORRIED. THANK YOU, STEVE

Elevated amylase + lipase levels often indicate some form of pancreatic irritation. A review of your HIV and other meds, an examination and full history (focusing on stomach complaints), and sometimes some X-ray procedures (such as an ultrasound or other tests) or used to evaluate the pancreas and biliary tree in cases of elevated pancreatic enzymes. I have had several patients who run inexplicable high levels of enzymes chronically (no symptoms and no pathology identified but still monitored). Chronic liver disease and alcohol use are 2 factors which can contribute in some cases. Exercise doesn't generallly increase the levels of pancreatic enzymes.KH

gaining back weight loss
Re: Tolerability in the future