Aug 27, 2005
Can the side effects of HIV/Aids or its meds cause kinky/curly hair to appear relaxed or straightened and if so how or why?
Response from Dr. Henry
HIV and some HIV drugs can have variable effects on hair though there is no well defined pattern except with certain drugs (like indinavir). Details about hair effects of HIV drugs are not commonly reported so it is not possible for me to comment on why hair may straighten out in the setting of treated HIV infection. If any readers have any references on the matter please post them! KH
Tolerabiltiy in the future
- Can You Get Hiv From Shaving Bumps On Your Pubic Hair Shaving?
- How Can A Woman Be Hiv Positive And Her Husband Hiv Negative?
- When A Person Is Incarcerated Do They Get Tested For Hiv And Std?
- Can You Be A Carrier Of Hiv But Not Suffer From It?
- Semen On Hand Rub Eye Hiv Risk
- Symptoms Of Non-viral Hepatitis And Treatment
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.