How can I control hair loss caused by my medication coctail?

I have been HIV Positive for the last 13years. I started on meds in August of last year. Because at the time I had full blown AIDS. Well now my CD4 is 280 and my viral load is undetectable. But my hair is falling out. I don't want to stop taking my meds because they are working great. Is there anything I can do to reverse the damage. I've tried using a shampoo that removes medication build up in your hair, with no success.Please help me I'm willing to try anything.

Some HIV meds may result in more hair loss then others but that is highly variable and often difficult to pin down.I have had some patient who have seemed to lose more hair with lamivudine and sometimes AZT so I sometimes try to switch to alternative medications if that is an option. Rogaine or Propecia helps sometimes as well as consultation with a dermatologist to see if he/she has any suggestions. KH

HIV+Hepatitis+Hemophilia
Rebuilding Immune System