|Milk thistle (Silymarin) and HIV meds
Aug 24, 2005
Im on PEP - Is milk thistle good or bad for a regime of AZT+3TC and Indinavir.. Thought taking it would help me protect my liver...thanks
Response from Dr. Henry
Although there has been alot of interest in the possible benefit of milk thistle in the setting of HIV or hepatitis C there is no good data suggesting that it is useful to prevent side effects of HIV meds. A 4 week course of your HIV meds usually is well tolerated by the liver. Milk thistle has a potential negative effect on many other drugs due to liver interactions (such as Tylenol or some statins) so caution of use in the absence of good data is often wise. KH
Shortness of Breathing
Life Span Of PWA
- Chances Of Catching AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Burning Red Spots After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Fever After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Can Blood Work Tell If Had Hep B Vaccine?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.