Milk thistle (Silymarin) and HIV meds

Im on PEP - Is milk thistle good or bad for a regime of AZT+3TC and Indinavir.. Thought taking it would help me protect my liver...thanks

Although there has been alot of interest in the possible benefit of milk thistle in the setting of HIV or hepatitis C there is no good data suggesting that it is useful to prevent side effects of HIV meds. A 4 week course of your HIV meds usually is well tolerated by the liver. Milk thistle has a potential negative effect on many other drugs due to liver interactions (such as Tylenol or some statins) so caution of use in the absence of good data is often wise. KH

Shortness of Breathing
Life Span Of PWA