propecia and muscle loss

Due to wasting and very low testoterone, I take oxandrin and testoterone. I have been able to maintain 20 lbs of lean muscle mass and it looks rather good. But, noticed hair loss increasing (expected i guess) so started taking propecia. Now I've noticed, a loss of muscle mass. Can the action of propecia in blocking the conversion of testosterone to DHT also be reducing the muscle builing effects.

Interesting question. I have a number of patients on Propecia and some form of testosterone replacement and haven't noticed a clear problem but I should look more carefully. I don't have a clear enough understanding of all steroid metabolic pathways to know if you are on both testosterone and oxandrin-would Propecia be expected to somewhat decrease their efficacy on a predictable basis. I haven't see much on that in the literature-if any readers have any good references I would appreciated them! KH

New Med To Me
Hyperpigmentation