Lipo:What abut the videx?

You didn't answer my question regardig the videx and its effective on the lipo. so i will repeat it. i am now nows taking stockrin600mg once a day+ Videx250mg once a day+viread 245mg once a day. i took zerit for a long time,and my dr switched it to viread with te above combinatin, but i am still on videx of 250mg once a day (at night). i expected to see some improve since i took of the zerit, but nothing has happen, on the contrary, it seems as if its getting worst. what else can be done? is it cause im still on videx?(videx belongs to D DRUGS) will taking off the videx can improve my condition? will lipo suction can help me and maintain results if i'll take of the videx? i know its not black and white but yet i need to know.

It has been difficult to separate the effect of ddI from D4T regarding lipodystrophy in many studies so the data is not clear very clear on that issue. As mentioned in my previous answer, I avoid the combination of tenfovir+ ddI so I don't have enough personal experience to comment beyond what is in the literature. My impression of the literature is that ddI can aggravate lipodystrophy. I often try to get patient off NRTIs altogether (such as dual boosted PIs) or see whether abacavir is an option ( or even 3TC or FtC). Any improvement or stabilization can be very slow (6-12 months or more) which is very frustrating. KH

Adherance
New Med To Me