ziagen side effects, stopping it?
Aug 22, 2005
Stopping it and starting a new set of drugs. Had hive style rashes on chest and back.
Response from Dr. Henry
You should see your HIV doc. A rash alone can sometimes be treated through and could be due to something else depending on what other medications you are taking and other individual clinical issues. If you have other symptoms other than rash then an abacavir hypersensitivity reaction is a major concern so stopping the regimen needs to be strongly considered. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Will The Doctor Contact Me If I Test Positive For Hiv?
- Can You Contract Hiv By Handling Inanimate Objects?
- Hepatitis C And Rectal Bleeding
- When Should You Take An Hiv Test After Having Unprotected Sex?
- Bad Balance When Walking Neuropathy
- Can You Catch Hiv From One Time Of Intercourse?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.