erectile dysfunction since taking cocktail

Since beginning protease inhibitor cocktail regiments about 6 years ago,I became quite cognizant that my ability to produce and sustain an erection was becoming more and more difficult. Discussing this problem with both my primary physician and a urolgist, both concurred that my meds were probably causing this erectile dysfunction. I have tried viagra, levitra, and cialis - all produced sickening side effects that quickly deadened any interest in sex and left me with bloodshot eyes, headaches, severe stomach unrest/bowel movements, and a lethargy that warmed my body into a dull sleep. Partner stimulation is, of course, something that enhances the experience, but that alone has not created any flow of blood to my penis. Has this cocktail of kaletra, crixivan, and viread been thr ruination of my ability to get and stay erect?

I assume you have been checked to see if your total and free testosterone levels are mid-normal? Impotence is fairly common in the general population and being HIV + often seems to effect sexual function psychologically and sometimes physically. This problem occurs in patients on protease inhibitors as well. It is unclear if protease inhibitors directly cause impotence but there do seem to be a small % of patients where the circumstances suggest that is happenig. In that case, having not benefited from Viagra like drugs whose effect if often enhanced by protease inhibitors, a switch to alternative therapy on a trial basis might be considered if other drugs (such as Sustiva)are an option. KH

re: Been feeling "not right"
ziagen side effects, stopping it?