Androgel and Deca: Counterproductive Combo?

On two separate cycles, my doctor prescribed one androgel packet( testosterone gel 1% )on a daily basis. In addition, I was receving one injection of 300 ml of deca (steroid) every two weeks. Each cycle (two in 10 months ) that lasted 12 weeks produced absolutely zero weight gain, shrunk my testicles to almost non-existent proportion, and induced an irritable disposition within me. I had been taking the androgel/deca regiment in conjunction with a cocktail of kaletra, crixivan, and viread ... also, allegra -d for allergies( if significant. One: Did the androgel and deca act in a conflicting way instead of a symbiotic way? I'm an avid weight lifter, and i still could not gain a pound. In addition, did androgel and deca contribute to severe erectile dysfunction? Also, what about the protease cocktail? Does it also contribute to erectile dysfunction? Have I been getting the double whammy?

Use of exogenous tesosterone and anabolic steroids can increase muscle mass in the setting of exercise and proper diet but can result in shrinkage of the testis. If you were shown to be hypogonadal prior to starting the steroids that condition seems to be more common in HIV+ men. Protease inhibitors have not been clearly linked to hypogonadism. Many patients on steroids develop impotence. You may need to consider evaluation by endocrinologist/sexual therapist to sort out all of the factors and develop a plan for treatment. KH

scaly skin and rashes
Lipodystrophy/lipoatrophy