diabetes insipidus

i have just gotten out of the hospital, due to complications with my kidneys. i am currently on sustiva , videx ec, and viread. i had heard before that viread has an effect on the kidneys. over the past month i had these symptoms; nausea, vomiting, constant urination, dehydration, extreme dry mouth and constant thirst, as well as weight gain in my stomach. and last summer, i had the nausea , vomiting, and dry mouth. well when i went in to the hospital, i had told the doctors about my suspicians of viread. well as it turns out that i have diabetes insipidus, at first the doctors did not accept the idea that viread could be the cause, seeing how i have been on for 3 years. well finally after four days in the hospital, and 2 12 hour water deprivation tests, the doctors came in and told me that the cause was viread. however they said that their have not been that many studies regarding this. and now that they are "blaming" viread , they are choosing not to put me on treatment for the di, and they cannot tell me what kind of di i have, as of now, and they are telling me that just stopping the viread, and the rest of my regimin, should reverse the di. now the hospital i was at is associated with the mayo clinc in jax fl. so my question is, is it that simple to just stop taking the viread (tenofovir) to reverse the di? or do in need treatment as well?

Usually (but not always) if a drug caused diabetes insipidus then stopping the drug will result in improvement (speed of recovery is variable). I avoid the use of ddI + tenofovir together due to concerns about toxicity and a negative effect on CD4 count. KH

Lipo :What about the videx?
scaly skin and rashes