Epzicom and loose bowels

In January my doctor switched me from Trizivir to Epzicom because of a concern over a high enzyme level (I'm not sure which one). Since then, I have had to deal with incredible gas and loose bowels. Her answer: add Banto to my regime. Personally, I rather go back to the Trizivir. I'm also on a myriad of other meds: Kaletra, Avandia, Glyburide, Humulin N injections, Tricor, Crestor, and Cozaar (to keep my creatinine levels in check - but it's rising, too). I know it's a lot to digest, but any suggestions? Thanks for your time.

I haven't heard of that particular problem. Epzicom = Trizivir minus the AZT. There may be some different binding /packaging chemicals in the between the 2 formulas that in occasional patients could trigger GI complaints. Unless there was a reason to stop the AZT (such as anemia) then going back to Trizivir to see if the problem improves may be an option to discuss with your HIV provider. KH

Human Growth Hormone
Toxo