On and Off PEP meds

Hi, After being on PEP for 20 days, I had to stop because of major fatigue and muscle aches along with general feeling of unwell. Its been four days that I am off the meds (Combivir), and I feel better. I would like to know 1. Generally how long (in days) does the side effect of Combivir last in this short term course 2. Can I restart the meds and complete the course now?

Regards SG

Generally side effects will clear within days or weeks after a short treatment course like yours. The advisability of restarting meds at this point is unclear and needs to be interpreted by the prescribing doc who knows the particulars of your exposure and clinical situation. There is little data whether restarting at this point would provide any benefit beyond that provided by the initial 20 days. KH

buttocks waisting
DR. HENRY, EARLY PERIPHERAL NEUROPATHY?