Aug 17, 2005
is there a solution for buttocks waisting? I've tried exercise but did not work
| Response from Dr. Henry
Loss of bulk in the buttocks can be due to loss of fat (lipoatrophy) or muscle or both. Loss of fat is very challenging at present. Sometimes the HIV regimen can be switched around by your HIV specialist to one which may be more fat friendly (depending on your past treatment history). There is no proven effective medical intervention presently available to specifically increase fat in the buttocks. Exercise, diet, and sometime hormone replacement and/or anabolic steroids can increase muscle bulk depending on the individual situation. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Flaky Skin After Fingering Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Loose Stool After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Night Sweats After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Tingling Lips After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Constant Vaginal Bleeding No Pain
- How Long Does It Take To Give Someone An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.