Help for lipo effects

I've been taking Viracept,Zerit and Epivir for a number of years, and my health has remained good -- undetectable viral load, and cd4 levels around 900. My only complaints are cosmetic, due to lipodystrophy. My problem areas are too much fat around my neck (my neck size has gone from 15.5 to 17.5) and loss of fat from buttocks and legs. Can any of this be reversed either with meds or surgically? Or would a change of meds help? I hesitate to change meds since these are working so well. I did have silicone injections in my face that worked well. I wish there were something to help my other body parts. What are the possibilities? Thanks.

You need to discuss with your HIV specialist whether a change to an alternative HIV regimen is an option for you. Your current regimen has been associated with lipodystrophy perhaps on the higher side of a wide range which can vary from individual to individual(D4T particularly linked to fat loss). Often a change from Zerit to abacavir or tenofovir might be considered for example. KH

Connective Tissues and Tendons
Zanex