neuropathy in fingers

I am 9 months from my exposure to HIV. I am getting tested next week. my question is this. Over the past several months I have noticed parts of my hand and fingers falling asleep during the night. I know this happens when sleeping the wrong way on my arms but this happens two or three times a night and never did before. Could this be the HIV infection starting to damage the nerves causing them to be more sensitive to pressure??

Response from Dr. Conway

Although this is theoretically possible, it is extremely unlikely. The type of symptoms you describe are often seen with "carpal tunnel syndrome", where a part of the median nerve in the wrist is compressed at the level of the wrist. The thimb and first two fingers are mainly affected. Other nerve compressions can occur, and they are often seen as worse in the morning.

HIV-associated neuropathy almost always presents in a much different way, especially early on.

TESTING for reverse transcriptase
Connective Tissues and Tendons