Reverse Transcriptase Enzyme

Dear Dr. Conway, How are you doing? This isn't the right forum to post my question, but after reading many of your responses and your bio-I truly value your advice. What are some tests that a doctor could run besides the HIV tests that are out there? For instance, what is always depressed throughout HIV infection? Thanks for your advice, as I am dealing with a mistake I made when I was 17.

Thanks again, Hope to hear from you soon.

Wj

Response from Dr. Conway

I would start by saying that the conventional antibody test is very reliable. If the result is negative 6 or more months after a suspected exposure, you can take it for granted that you are NOT infected. In special circumstances, I would confirm this with a CD4 count. If the absolute count and CD4 cell percentage are both normal, I would stop there and not do any more testing. Anything else in the setting of a remote exposure is purely experimental.

Many people make mistakes in life...As one of my mentors once said...It isn't how you fall down that interests me, it's how you are going to get up....

What % Body Fat Best Preempts Lipodystrophy
TESTING for reverse transcriptase