Dr., HELP ME PUT AN END TO MY MISERY

Dear Dr. Conway, I don't mean to bother you in any way; however, for the last 9 months I have been scared to death about HIV. I've been having some problems-folliculitis, eczema, molluscum, low white blood cells, low IgM, post inflammatory hyperpigmenation, bowel movements problems, among many other. I have tried so many strategies to overcome my fear, but my stubborn nature will not let me celebrate my negative result. I am hoping with some of your advice on the reverse transcriptase enzyme-that I will be able to put the issue to rest. Please Dr. Conway, I'm begging you to answer me. Is one of your responses in 2004, you stated that there is a highly specialized test done only in a few laboratories that can detect the reverse transcriptase enzyme directly. Dr. Conway, can you please state the specific laboratories, or possibly a telephone number, e-mail address, internet address-anything that would inform me of a location where I can just get the test and get over it.

Thanks so much, I even attempted to call the Vancouver Clinic hoping that the receptionist would know. You answer will be so appreciated-

Thanks so much, A WW

Response from Dr. Conway

If I were you, I would celebrate my negative result...Unless you have had a recent high risk exposure to HIV, a negative test done more than 6 months after a risk beahvior rules out HIV infection as a cause for your symptoms. It is important that you invest your time and energies into finding out the real cause of all your symptoms.

Good luck...

Open wounds and mucous membranes
what research papers?