Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Managing Side Effects of HIV TreatmentManaging Side Effects of HIV Treatment

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Dr., HELP ME PUT AN END TO MY MISERY
Aug 15, 2005

Dear Dr. Conway, I don't mean to bother you in any way; however, for the last 9 months I have been scared to death about HIV. I've been having some problems-folliculitis, eczema, molluscum, low white blood cells, low IgM, post inflammatory hyperpigmenation, bowel movements problems, among many other. I have tried so many strategies to overcome my fear, but my stubborn nature will not let me celebrate my negative result. I am hoping with some of your advice on the reverse transcriptase enzyme-that I will be able to put the issue to rest. Please Dr. Conway, I'm begging you to answer me. Is one of your responses in 2004, you stated that there is a highly specialized test done only in a few laboratories that can detect the reverse transcriptase enzyme directly. Dr. Conway, can you please state the specific laboratories, or possibly a telephone number, e-mail address, internet address-anything that would inform me of a location where I can just get the test and get over it.

Thanks so much, I even attempted to call the Vancouver Clinic hoping that the receptionist would know. You answer will be so appreciated-

Thanks so much, A WW

Response from Dr. Conway

If I were you, I would celebrate my negative result...Unless you have had a recent high risk exposure to HIV, a negative test done more than 6 months after a risk beahvior rules out HIV infection as a cause for your symptoms. It is important that you invest your time and energies into finding out the real cause of all your symptoms.

Good luck...

Previous
Open wounds and mucous membranes
Next
what research papers?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.