Am I in any danger?

I'm a 43 yr old male, nonsmoker/drinker/drugs or even coffee.

I've been on treatment for almost the past 10 yrs and currently on 1)Kaletra 2)Sustiva 3)Abacavir 4)3TC and for the past 3 yrs (on average) my CD4= 240-440, %= 17%-27%, VL=undetectable, all liver/kidney results are normal except 1)high lactate level 2.0-5.9 2)high Triglycerides 4-17 and 3)high Total Cholesterol 7.5-11.5, I'm feeling well otherwise. Do I need to be very concerned with the high lactate, especially? What would a consistant high lactate means? Thanks and best regards.

Response from Dr. Conway

I am not at all concerned about your lactate levels. In the absence of any attributable symptoms (weakness, muscle aches, etc...), I am not even sure we understand what to do with this result. In our clinic, we have actually stopped measuring lactate levels in people with no symptoms...

I am more concerned, in the long run, about your lipid profile. Of the drugs you are taking, I am most concerned about the possible effects of the Kaletra. It may be that you do not need a protease inhibitor in your regimen, and that all you require is two nucleosides along with the Sustiva. If you do need a protease inhibitor, it may be possible for you to change to one without effects on lipids.

Re: Hi Dr. Conway response
HIV DNA AND WHICH CELLS?