regarding the body effects from HIV
Aug 15, 2005
how long does it take for the HIV (AIDS) to show on a human body... and I mean like the minimum time.
Response from Dr. Conway
If you use the most sensitive molecular tests to detect the virus itself, this can give a positive result within a matter of a day, perhaps less, after a person has been infected. If you use the standard test to measure antibodies to HIV, it is only positive a number of weeks later, typically 4-6 weeks.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Is The Risk Of Sharing A Razor?
- Does Loose Stool Mean I Have Hiv?
- Sex With A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- Itchy Skin After Eating Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Is Brown Discharge A Symptom Of Vaginal Thrush?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.