Trizivir

After a doctor visit yesterday he decided to take me off of Trizivir. My viral load <50 and my CD4 count is 1740. I have been HIV postive since 2002. My doctor feels that I should have never been on Trizivir to start with. He just took over my case from another doctor that has left the practice. He also feels that this will help with my fat diplacement also. Is he right? Will I be okay not being any type of meds and will the fat displacement even out?

The advisability of stopping HIV meds is often related to how low the CD4 nadir (lowest level ever) was. If the level was never below 350 then stopping meds often is better tolerated particularly if the pre-treatment viral levels was not high (i.e. less then 55-100,000 copies/ml). What happens to fat distribution when meds are completely stopped is variable and not well studied/reported so I cannot be confident as to what will happen in your case. KH

Living with Lipo
Nausea