Prostate Troubles - Interesting solution?

Regarding my recent posts about prostate and other plumbing problems.

I saw the urologist today, and she went over my diet, meds, everything.

"Stop drinking Diet Coke!". She said they have a lot of people come in with urinary tract problems connected to aspartame (the artificial sweetener used in Diet Coke).

Sure enough, stopping it and some of the things (ejaculate) are working again.

I still have to get a scope analysis in there to see if there is constriction.

However, I thought this might be useful to readers of this blog. Considering we are already on a plethora of meds, knowing that something apparently innocuous like aspartame could wreak havoc.

I've since discovered it can be responsible for other problems, too.

One interesting side note of this discussion I had. The doc mentioned he felt that the lack of ejaculate "could" also be caused by nerve damage due to HIV infection. What do you have to say on that?

My guess is, if it's even possible, that it would be from an advanced form of the illness. Though I've been hiv+ for 17 years, I've never been ill and keep myself healthy, so I doubt that would be the cause.

Or could I be mistaken?

Thank you!

Interesting and useful update-thanks. Most patients I see with long standing HIV infection who are doing OK HIV-wise are not having sexual dysfunction problems. HIV can cause nerve damage involving the nerves to the pelvis but often other nerves usually damaged as well (such as in feet/legs) but not always. KH

Reply: Pep-swollen lymph nodes concern
Eye Floaters: Holistic Approaches