High liver tests and STI.

My MD. wants me to interupt my treatment, but it doesn't sound too stuctured!

Two concecutive liver tests are very high. I'm taking Reyataz, Truvada and Sustive for my HIV. Zoloft (50 mg) for my head and a Fish oil and vitamin E suplemement for triglycerices and cholesterol.

My doc told me to stop all of them at ONCE!

I'm concerened about just stopping all HIV meds at once.

Any suggestions? Maybe stop the Sustiva for a couple of days before stopping the rest?

Thanks for your help.

Generally it is not advised to use Sustiva and Reyataz together (without at least either checking levels or using ritonavir boosting). The tenofovir in the Truvada can further decrease the Reyataz level. Depending on your particular situation stopping all meds at once is often not advised due to concern about the development of resistance to the Sustiva due to its long persistence in the blood well after all of the other medications are long gone. If the meds are to be stopped then stopping the Sustiva well before the others is often advisable (? 1-2 weeks).KH

HIV or side effect of PEP?
New Allergies?