Combivir or Truvada

I have been on a regiment of Combivir and Sustiva for the last 19 months with no negative side effects and remaining undectable with a cd4 hovering around 450 and cd4% on the rise, starting at 8% and now at 15%. I had asked my doctor about switching to Truvada, instead of Combivir, as it would be easier to take a once a day drug, than twice a day (less chance of forgetting, which has not been a problem, just a worry). My doctor it is my decision, but stated that he is now starting his patients on Truvada and Sustiva, versus Combivir and Sustiva as a first line therapy. What is your opionion of switching. I would like the once a day regiment but don't want to run into any problems. Also, I am slightly concerned about the AZT in combivir as it can cause anemia. Is this the same issue with Truvada? Thanks for your help on this.

Truvada + Sustiva has the advantage of once a day therapy (also true for Epzicom + Sustiva), less anemia, and perhaps better CD4 response than the traditional (and generally very effective) Combivir + Sustiva regimen. I often switch patients to a once a day regimen as you are considering. KH

Dosage/Fatigye?
Bactrim side effects