Eye floaters

I read some of the articles here on eye floaters and felt compelled to share my experience here.

I've noticed a huge increase in eye floaters since going on these new medications: Reyataz, Viread, 3TC, Norvir.

They began to appear earlier than that, however.

It's reasonable to conclude that the chemicals in these medications can also affect the tissue in the eye. They affect other tissue - and there are probably other things they affect that we don't even know about... yet.

I did find some doctors (search Google) that perform a rare laser surgery for certain types of floaters. It's something I may consider in the future, as I have so many and I find it's causing a bit of depression.

I'd be curious if you've heard from other patients have have similar symptoms under the "medication" scenario.

I have had a handful of other patients on similar regimens report to me the same observation. Since floaters are fairly frequent in the general population it is tough to pin down if there is a clear role of one of the HIV drugs in the regimen or HIV itself. Please post more information if you find out anything further and/or you undergo the laser treatment (not being done much here in Minneapolis for floaters). KH

More Grey Hair from HIV
Blue Spots In Sclera of Rt Eye