sustiva in the morning

Hi I just started taking sustiva and truvada 3 days ago. I work 3rd shift from 7pm to 7:30am 3x a week. so i have to take the sustiva in the morning when i sleep. on the days I'm not working I sleep at night but i still take sustiva in the morning. this can make my mornings hard to get through. I'm hoping this will lessen as time goes by, but what can i do in the meantime, is there any thing i can take to lessen the side effects of the drowsey hangover feeling. at this point i really hate taking this med. will taking provigil help lessen the SE. the Truvada is great no SE.

thanks thanks

That is tough when you have a work/sleep schedule like yours. I often would have used an alternative regimen (a boosted PI) for starters along with the Truvada for that reason. Once suppressed and doing well then a decision could be made when/if to try Sustiva. Most of the meds I use to help out with the Sustiva side effects generally would aggrave the hang over feeling you describe on some mornings(used to help someone sleep or decrease nightmares). The side effects usually taper within 4 weeks if they clear at all so toughing it out may be the wisest strategy if you can tolerated that. KH

neuropathy
PEP - swollen lymph nodes concern