Erectal Dysfunction

Sir, I've been on VIDEX, Stocrin and Zerite(Stavudine) for 05 years and am closing down to zero in getting an erection let alone sustain it. If I do get one, I lose it in the next two to three minutes. Is this linked with the above medication? If so, is there something advisable to do, to eat or take in order to assuage the condition? I've tried elastic banding at base of penis with unsustained success. It's really frustrating!

It is unclear whether your particular HIV meds are having a direct effect on sexual performance. Often I would evaluate with testosterone (total and free) as well as a neurologic examination. If there is no obvious aggravatig medical condition (such as hypogonadism or diabetes) then a urology evaluation if often requested. Your HIV meds (D4T and ddI) can cause a neuropathy but not usually localized to the pelvic nerves. A number of treatment options exist (Viagra and others)depending on the findings of the evaluation. KH

How do I know if this is lipodistrophy?
Prostate Troubles, Part 2