Kaletra, Videx EC and Epivir - lipo

Hi, I got diagnosed with acute HIV syndrome in march this year with VL 380,000 and CD4 645. I was recomended to go on medication right away (Kaletra, DDI, 3TC). After one month my VL dropped to 754 and CD4 raised to about smth above 800. My total cholesterol got from 3.2 (125) to 5.2 (200) in that month mostly due to higer levels of LDL.

The question is: since I am terrified of any changes this therapy would do to my body I'd like an opinion about weather I should continue with treatment and if yes, should I change it to avoid lipodystrophy?

Thank you, Gregg

There is controversy about the merit of treating patients with acute infection. If you would like to stay on treatment it is important to first suppress to under the detection limit so that resistance doesn't complication your future treatment. Once suppressed I often then simplify the regimen as well as choose one that is more fat/lipid friendly then the one you are on currently. There are many choices (such as boosted atazanavir + 3TC/abacavir ) depending on a number of patient specific variables. KH

HIV Meds History-Monotherapies
LIPO!!! LIPO!!!LIPO!!!