liposuction and HIV

I am 29yo and have been HIV + for almost a yr now. I have been a nurse for 10yrs and still working in nursing administration. I am currently taking; Lexiva, Truvada, and Norvir for the HIV. My question is I have gained 40lbs with no changes in my eating (sometimes less than what I did before), and I was exercising regulary and still take 3 flights of stairs many times a day at work. I use to weigh 160# which was pretty good for me with being 6ft tall, now I am at 200 and it's embarrassing, and un-sightly to me. I am gay so this plays a part with me being self concience about my weight. Is Liposuction safe for me in the abd. and back areas?

You may want to discuss with your HIV specialist whether a more fat friendly regimen is available. Also, aggressive exercise and diet as well as hormone evaluation (such as testosterone or thyroid hormone replacement if deficient) can be helpful. I have not seen much reported in the literature regarding use of liposuction over a wide area of the body. Often the fat gain is internal (so called visceral fat) which is not amendable to liposuction. Studies with growth hormone releasing factor are soon to open in Canada and the US as a possible treatment for increased fat in the setting of treated HIV. KH

mysitis as a result of combivir dose
HIV Meds History-Monotherapies