swollen face, eyes, and saliva glands

I am a 28 year old man, and have been HIV positive for 3 years. I take 3tc, ziagen, sustiva and kaletra and am undetectable and my viral load has stayd around 350. For the last year, light clock work I have had a facial swelling that starts with my eyes, then to my face, most notably the left saliva gland. All the doctors and specialist I have been to been able to diagnose this condition. The funny thing is that it haappens like clock-work, one month on and one month off. Are there any treatments for this condition?

I assume you have had a thorough ENT examination including possibly a CT scan of the head to look at the involved anatomy? There are some forms of hereditary or acquired angioedemia that can be tough to diagnose. Sometimes exposure to even chemicals or antibiotics in food or chemicals in the environment can trigger the outbreak. Even sress can trigger in some patients. Hereditary forms can be due to a deficiency of C1 esterase inhibitor. Sometimes evaluation by an allergist or dermatologist or immunologist can be helpul in certain cases. KH

facial wasting
Liver