new HIV with confusing numbers

I was infected 18 months ago. I lost 20 lbs and had swollen glands on the inner part of my legs. I recovered, started gaining weight then was diognosed 2 months ago. My CD4 is 335 and Viral Load is 59000. I havent been sick and am not going on any medications for at least 3 more months.(Sustiva,Truvada).Question 1. Does it sound like my body is doing a good job fighting on its own and Question 2, What foods and activities can i do to help myself stay off medication as long as possible? Thanks Keith

If you were recently infected and your CD4 count is now at 335 then you are already at the point where most US experts would advise initiating therapy in the near future. Repeating the blood tests while taking a good multiple vitamin (ie Centrum) and eating well with exercise, adequate sleep, stress management, safe sex--all may help to some degree but often the level of immune impairment will worsen so that treatment is needed to protect your immune system and your health before any problems develop. Checking to make sure you don't have a resistant virus is often a good idea before starting meds as well. KH

Rash caused by HIV or PEP?
Paresthesias in the arms