Any success with surgery/liposuction?

I know that surgery for the deep abdomen fat from lipodystrophy is risky to impossible. However, what about for the fat that is now in my armpits, on the side of my body under the armpits, the breast (chest area for me since I am a male), and around the pubic area? Do you have any patients who have had surgery in those areas where the fat has NOT come back? I know that a lot of this stuff varies from individual to individual, but you have ANY cases where the fat has been surgically removed and has stayed off for any length of time? I am scheduling an appointment with a plastic surgeon recommended by my HIV doctor, but just wanted some other info (even anecdotal) before I go in. Just don't want to waste my time (and money) if the fat will come back in a few months anyhow (mitachondria, etc. plus other unknowns that cause it to return). By the way, I am an extremely motivated and dedicated individual who has worked out and watched his diet for many years. Also, I'm currently on Videx EC, Reyataz, and Emtriva (I assume those are relatively lipo friendly drugs). Thanks for you answer....

I have not had much experience with plastic surgery intervention in the areas you describe. If any reader would like to contribute even an anecdotal story please do so. KH

Persistant Rash
Ask to delete a question already