intense pain around the skin on my waist

I've recently been diagnosed with HIV and have not yet begun taking medication for it. I have only just submitted my first bloodwork for the lab and have not met with the Doctor to get my results. My question is that for the last 5 or 6 days I have had an intense pain in my skin located completely around my waist just above the beltline. It is very painful and feels much like a sunburn except that there is no redness, rash swelling or any sign of irritation. What could this be and is it something I should notify my Doctor about immediately or wait the two weeks until my next appointment?

Pain like that can sometimes signal an impending outbreak of herpes zoster (shingles). If you see any rash or blisters forming you should contact your HIV doc or primary care doc promptly for evaluation and treatment. If the pain worsens or other symptoms develop I would discuss with your doctor. KH

DIABETES
Uridine