what is sulfameth/trimethoprim
Jul 22, 2005
what is this med used for?
Response from Dr. Henry
That drug is also known in the US as Septra or Bactrim. It is used to prevent or treat Pneumocystis carinii pneumonias (one of the major AIDS-related infections) as well as treatment or prevention of a range of other infections. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Painful Red Spots After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Urination After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Can Steroids Cause Vaginal Bleeding?
- What Are Vaginal Odor, Dizziness, Headache And Diarrhea Signs Of?
- Accuracy Of An Hiv Test After Six Weeks
- Can A Person Have Both Hsv1 And Hsv2?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.