what is sulfameth/trimethoprim
Jul 22, 2005
what is this med used for?
Response from Dr. Henry
That drug is also known in the US as Septra or Bactrim. It is used to prevent or treat Pneumocystis carinii pneumonias (one of the major AIDS-related infections) as well as treatment or prevention of a range of other infections. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Ear Infection After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Can A Blood Test Tell You If You Have An Std?
- Can An Sexually Transmitted Disease Cause White Vaginal Discharge?
- Does Septra Ds Treat Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.