treatment for ascites

what can i do to stop the swelling in my adomen, i take 40 mg lasix and 100 mg of aldocton, but the swelling in my stomach doesnt diminish

Ascites can be very difficult to treat. To comment fully I need to know your HVI status and which HIV drugs you are taking (this is a forum to address side effects of HIV drugs). Treating the underlying cause of the ascites is ideal but often very difficult. Evaluating the level of venous pressure in the abdominal cavity/liver region and what can be done about it is complicated. Sometimes tubes are placed to drain fluid from the abdomen to one of the central veins. There are many causes of swelling besides ascites so a complete examination and often draininage and evaluaton of the fluid is important to determine what is causing your swelling. KH

Thin Skin and HIV
concentration and combivir / efavirenz