Thin Skin and HIV

I have been HIV+ for 15 years. My skin has become very thin. It tears and bleeds very easily, many times bleeding under the skin. I know it could be due to many other things besides my HIV. My question is what can I do to make my skin get thicker again. I look like I have been in a war all the time and am very tired of it. HELP!

That is a tough question and issue without an easy answer. Some HIV drugs (Crixivan comes to mind) and HIV itself can thin the skin (aging can also contribute). Whether any vitamin supplements could help us unclear but often that is tried. I would often get advise from a dermatologist and also evaluate whether you have any bleeding problems or whether you are taking drugs that make it easier to bleed under the skin (such as asirin or ibuprofen). KH

Kaletra and diabetes
treatment for ascites