Hi Dr Conway

I wrote you a few days ago regarding my symptom's with 3 negative test the latest test at 3 1/2 months. You had recomended a viral load count and a CD4 count. If I am unable to get these test done do to insurance do you think a 6 month test would definatly rule out HIV? Thank you

Response from Dr. Conway

It is already very, very unlikely that someone will have a negative test at 3 1/2 months and then turn positive at 6 months, so I would already be reassured if I were you. The 6 month test will add to this reassurance, I would think. The CD4 count and viral load now are meant to cover the very, very slim possibility that you are carrying the extremely rare seronegative strain. If you are well, I would be completely satisfied that a 6 month test that was negative rules out HIV infection.

It's just like HIV
Errection Problem