HIV low testosterone and prostate cancer

I'm 57. I've been HIV positive for 16+ years. I've also had a prostate resection and radiation for prostate cancer. My PSA is now at 0.4. Are any safe alternative treatments available for my low testosterone? Thanx :)

Tough question. There is scant data about the risk of prostate cancer relative to long term testosterone replacement. If one looks at the experience with hormone replacement in women (studies for decades in literally millions of women) there remains many unsettled issuess. The idea of testosterone replacement in men is a relative newcomer to the arena of hormone replacement therapy with the advent of some of the newer modalities of providing testosterone (topical patches and gels). There is even less data regarding the safety and efficacy of any alternatives to testosterone (ie DHEA) in the setting of a history of prostate cancer. I would advise a patient not to use any form of testosterone replacement out of concern about aggravating the risk for a recurrence. KH

Pyruvate supplements VS Lipo
Pyruvate supplements VS Lipo