Fat loss in butt and legs

I am 41 year old Hispanic and very healthy and active. I have been HIV+ for 10 years, my CD4 count has always been between 800 and 1000 and viral load undectable. I am currently taking Videx, Zerit and Sustiva. I have lost fat in my butt and legs. Are any of my drugs contributing to my fat loss? If so, do you have any suggestions for changing medication or adding some kind of supplement to my diet?

The Zerit and possibly the Videx could be contributing to the fat loss you describe. I would discuss with your HIV provider whether you could switch off the Zerit to possibly Ziagen (Abacavir) and ? from Videx to perhaps 3TC (abacavir + 3TC available in the US as Epzicom). Uridine supplements are being studied for possibly decreasing/reversing fat loss but data is limited. I cannot confidently recommend any other supplement as being predictably effective at reducing /reversing fat loss. KH

Holistic Treatment
Pyruvate supplements VS Lipo