Changin meds

After about one year of lipo I and my doctor have decided to change my medications. I have had a good prognosis so far( viral laod uindetectable for more than two years, cd4 has gone from 107 when I began with my doctor two years ago to 440) However, the regimen of Videx, Zerit and Viracept and Norvir has caused me serious lipo (no bum or legs and face is almost hollow) I have also had to deal with Cholestrol and diabetes problems. Now we want to change to Kaletra, Viread(tenofovir) and videx. Now I am expecting to begin in a weeks time so I am off all meds for now till I begin the new one... please I always respect your depth of knowldge in this field. What do you think of the new regimen and do you think that these few days off will affect my resistance to the old classes especially the DDI (videx) which I am supposed to continue with?? ( I am already resistant to 3tc and the Nevarapine class.Thanks in anticipation of your reply O

I generally don't recommend using ddI and viread together due to concerns about additive side effects, adverse intra-cellular interactions, and adverse effect on CD4 count. Depending on your your PI resistance looks like I often use a dual boosted PI regimen sometimes avoiding at least the thymidine analogues (AZT, d4T) and even all NRTIs completely depending on the situation (in an effort to avoid mitochondrial toxicity issues). KH

uncomfortable tongue swelling!
Is surgery risky for people with AVN?