Skin itchiness

I have been HIV+ for 15 years and virtually asymptomatic. However, during the last 12-18 months, I've been experiencing this awful itching for the, which does not present with a rash, mainly on my arms. It has increased with intensity and frequency over time and nothing I've taken, persribed or over-the-counter relieves the problem. It is now a daily occurrence. My PCP for HIV, two dermatologists and an allergist/immunologist have been unable to diagnose it or find the root cause. I can't even begin to describe how unbearable the itching is and my arms are majorly scarred as a result of scratching. Have you ever heard of these symptoms from other persons with HIV/AIDS? If so, is there any remedy that you are aware of in your experience or anyone you could refer me to.

I assume you have had a skin biopsy and have no evidence for a topical allergy of some sort. I sometimes have had success when treating severe itching empirically with cimetidine or trazadone. KH

increasing lipomas