Changing Meds

Dr. Henry, i found out i was hiv+ in the year of 2000, i was infected Nov 1999, i have been on lamivudine,viread,and nevirapine. I am having a big problem with ance, in my face and chest, i did have ance problems before becoming hiv+, not to the level i am having now. I have spoken to my doctor concerning coming off my meds for a period of time, or changing my meds, too see if the toxic build-up would be less, and the ance, would not be as bad. My doctor seems to come up with all sorts of reasons not to stop or change my meds as i requested. I have no problems with my service with my doctor as my health care provider, i try to stay in control and proactive concerning my health, I read daily hiv information educating myself daily. Please give me some advice how to improve the ance or make it go away. inaddition i am taking tetracycline 250mg twice a day, for the ance, not heaping. thanks O

Have you seen a dermatologist for the acne (I recommend that)? Sometimes local treatment with topical antibiotics or Accutane type products can improve the condition. KH

lymphedema
doc henry