side effect on the eyes

i just wanted to know if Sustiva or Truvada can make your pupils in your eyes dilate open? A friend of mine is taking both meds and also has a coke/crack problem and he says he is off the coke/crack...but the other night he went for a walk and came back and his pupils were dilated and he told me it is caused by the two medications that I mentioned. Please let me know as soon as possible about this so I can get him the help he needs if he is still doing the illegal drugs thank you...

Response from Dr. Conway

Abnormal vision is listed as a rare side effect of Sustiva, so it could theoretically be due to this drug. I would quite doubt it, though. It should however be noted that dilated pupils are a side effect of withdrawing from narcotics, such as your friend may have been purchasing on the street. It may be that he is telling you the truth about coming off cocaine (and/or heroin and/or other things) or that he was simply between fixes.

How can you tell when Shingles are spreading to the internal organs?
Nagging problem