Could I have HIV

Well it has been 6 months since I have had sex. I had sex with my ex-girlfriend and used a condom. During sex the comdom came off and I am scared. 2 weeks after this happend I felt sore in my arms and legs. Now I have this rash on my inner leg and it has been there for 2 weeks now. I fill like crap all the time. What should I do?

Response from Dr. Conway

First, the risk of HIV transmission without a condom (if you know she has HIV) is 0.1% per exposure, so you will see it is very low. You need to be more concerned about other sexual infections, and your rash would prompt me, in particular, to make sure you are tested for syphilis. It would be unusual for your rash now to be a symptom of acute HIV infection. This being said, I would go ahead and have an HIV antibody test done now. If it is negative, the essentially rules out HIV transmission from the episode of 6 months ago.

Sustiva dreams/electric sheep
Bactrim and sunlight?????